Saturday, September 11, 2010

Myrtle Beach, SC

I truly love Myrtle Beach. I not only enjoy the ocean, but I love all the different kinds of attractions MB has to offer. Kasey and I decided try parasailing at Ocean Watersports. After we paid, we put on life jackets and waited to be put in a group. A banana boat takes you to the parasail boat. The ride on the banana boat is an experience in itself. It's fast and sometimes bumpy! Hold on tight! When you reach the parasail boat, the fun begins. You are attached to a harness and you feel like you're sitting on a swing. Kasey and I got strapped in and the workers told us to relax and have fun. As soon as the boat starts going again, you start flying up. Words can't possibly describe the feeling of parasailing! It's so amazing. It's like flying. The water below you is beautiful. Word of warning, the workers like to "dump" you in the water! They'll lower you down until you touch the water and then put you back up. They take your pictures as well. You can order them later if you want to. When every one's ride is over, you take the banana boat back to shore. I highly suggest parasailing. It's one of my favorite things to do.

Kasey and I are always looking for new things to try. We've both been horseback riding in TN, and Kasey found a place where you can horseback ride on the beach. We went in Nov., so it wasn't as hot as it would have been in the summer. You don't have to be a trained rider to ride these horses. Trust me, I'm pretty terrified at first when I get on a horse. I've only been horseback riding twice. The horses know exactly where to go and you're never alone. The guides are always there riding with you. We rode the horses for an hour, I believe. I loved it! It's such an incredible experience. You're able to watch the waves crash into the shore. It's an experience that I'll never forget.

Do you like to shop? I have four words: Broadway at the Beach! According to one trip advisor Broadway is the number one attraction in Myrtle Beach. There's more than just shopping there. You have restaurants, an IMAX 3-D Theatre, Ripley's Aquarium, and night clubs. I've also learned there's a zipline and ropes course, Soar and Explore, and a Wonderworks that's being added in 2011. Broadway also has fair rides that you can enjoy at The Pavilion Nostalgia Park. You can spend quite a bit of time there. If you like the band KISS, there's a coffee shop dedicated them. There's also a ton of restaurants. I'm ready to back! Now would be great!

There's also a House of Blues in Myrtle Beach. It's a neat restaurant and it's also a concert venue. So, if you're in the area check and see what bands might be playing. If you go on Sunday morning, they have Gospel Brunch. You could also check out their Murder Mystery Dinner Theater.
There's so much to do in Myrtle Beach. You can easily spend a week or just a few days. No matter how much time you have, you'll always find something fun to do! Until the next time! Happy traveling!

PS - Other popular MB attractions include Alligator AdventureFamily Kingdom Amusement ParkMyrtle Waves Water ParkDixie Stampede, and the NASCAR Speed Park. Located in North Myrtle, check out Barefoot Landing for lots more shopping, dining, and entertainment. And if you're looking for someplace quiet and quaint to spend the day head on over to Murrells Inlet.

No comments:

Post a Comment