Friday, February 25, 2011

Travel and Film. Win, Win.

Those are two of my favorite things. So why not combine them? There's nothing quite like standing right where a pivotal moment of one of your favorite movies took place. Or even just a so-so moment of some movie you saw once that you barely remember the name of. Still cool.

With the Oscars right around the corner, Yahoo has created a list of the Top 10 Film Locations (from Oscar nominated films) to travel to. Their list takes you from Paris to Mexico, and includes movies from Toy Story 3 (I'm not too sure that one should count...) to Black Swan.

Top 10 Film Locations. - Link no longer available.

It's one of my dreams to go to Hawaii. And I could pretty much end my statement there. But I want to go on the Jurassic Park tour, where they take you to the field of the gallimimus scene. I have been able to see a few film locations, besides the obvious ones in New York City or Las Vegas. There's a small town about two hours from my home called Danbury, where parts of Cabin Fever were filmed. If you've seen the movie, the opening and beginning of the film were filmed at Priddy's General Store, which you can visit. If you can find it. Good luck.

Anyone else seen any movie or tv locations? Where would you love to travel that you've seen in a film?

No comments:

Post a Comment